The Old Reading Room was built in 1905 by the Holkham Estate as a reading room for local men before becoming, in turn, an auction room, Post Office and recently a domestic residence.
Our clients bought the Reading Room in June 2012, believing it to be refurbished and habitable but unfortunately that did not prove to be the case. Poor quality workmanship had left the building dangerous and uninhabitable.
A local architect, Chris Parsons, was engaged to design a new extension and refurbish the property to a high standard.
Grocott & Murfit were engaged to carry out the work in late 2013 which involved gutting the existing building prior to create a safe, light and spacious residence.