This property was originally built in 1905 as a reading room for local men by the Holkham Estate before becoming, in turn, an auction room, Post Office and more recently a domestic residence.
Our clients purchased the property in June 2012, believing it to be refurbished and habitable but unfortunately that did not prove to be the case. Poor quality workmanship had left the building in both a dangerous and uninhabitable condition.
A local architect, Chris Parsons, was engaged to design a new extension and refurbish the property to a high standard.
Grocott & Murfit were engaged to carry out the building work in late 2013 - completely refurbishing the existing building to create a safe, light and spacious residence.